Do you have a question in your mind that how do I learn Machine Learning? , then you are in the right place.
Hello, & Welcome!
In this blog, I am gonna tell you how you can learn machine learning step by step.
Nowadays machine learning is much in demand and their scope is very broad. Many software engineers are shifting in ML, just because ML is very popular and pay is also very high in ML.
So, the next question comes into your mind is how do I learn machine learning? and the steps required to learn machine learning?
Without wasting your time let’s just discuss how do you learn machine learning
Steps required to learn machine learning-
The prerequisite for ML is-
- Basic Calculus- Machine Learning is based on optimization, which requires knowledge of Calculus. So, it is important that you have basic knowledge of limits, functions, maxima, minima, etc. You can learn calculus from engineering maths books or from online. You can prefer this Book in order to learn Calculus- Calculus
- Linear Algebra- The next prerequisite for ML is Linear algebra because, in ML, you have to deal with vectors and matrices. That’s why you should be aware of the concepts of linear algebra. Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors are also the main topics for ML. To learn Linear Algebra for Machine Learning, You should refer to this Book-Linear Algebra and Optimization for Machine Learning
- Probability/ Statistics- You should have basic knowledge of probability too. For Statistics knowledge you can refer to this book-Data Science and Machine Learning: Mathematical and Statistical Methods
You don’t need to master all these subjects but you should aware of terms like subspace, independent, basis, etc.
After you are done with maths, move into actual ML, for this, you need to do following steps-
- First, learn any programming language. You can learn any language for ML, but I prefer Python because it is easy to learn and its syntax is very simple. If you want to choose best book on Python, you can read this article. 7 Best Book on Python for Beginners in 2024, You Must Read
- Learn the basics of Machine Learning like- Classification, Clustering, Regression, and other ML algorithms. You can take any good online course for ML or read from books. As a beginner you need to start from basics, don’t hop to complex books. As a beginner you should read this book, Tom Mitchell’s book on Machine Learning is best for beginners.
- Once you gathered all the basics, start practicing some problems with Kaggle. Kaggle is a very popular machine learning contest platform where you can practice with real-world data so that you get an idea of how ML is used in the real world.
If you are looking for Machine Learning Courses, then this is the list of Best Courses available online for Machine Learning-
- Machine Learning (Coursera)
- Deep Learning Specialization (deeplearning.ai)
- Machine Learning with Python (Coursera)
- Advanced Machine Learning Specialization
- Get started with Machine Learning (Codecademy)
- Learn the Basics of Machine Learning (Codecademy)
- Mathematics for Machine Learning Specialization (Coursera)
- Machine Learning A-Z™: Hands-On Python & R In Data Science -Udemy
- Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp- Udemy
- Machine Learning Engineer Masters Program (Edureka)
- AI & Deep Learning with TensorFlow (Edureka)
- Intro to Machine Learning with TensorFlow (Udacity)
- Become a Machine Learning Engineer (Udacity)
- Deep Learning (Udacity)
For more details, you can read this article- Best Online Courses On Machine Learning You Must Know
Learning something new is easy if you have patience and zeal. Without having enthusiasm learning becomes boring.
So keep your Enthusiasm high and learn ML!
All the Best!
It depends upon your knowledge and Intrest. If you have good knowledge of Programming Language like Python or R. And You have mathematical knowledge, Then It is easy to learn Machine Learning.
Definitely Yes. The scope of Machine Learning is very broad. And in the upcoming years, you will see a lot of inventions in the ML field.
Python is the pillar of Machine Learning. Without Python Knowledge, you can’t build a model in Machine Learning. The alternative of Python is R. So if you know R, then also its ok.
If you want a straightforward answer in a number of months or years. Then It maybe 6 months to 1 year. But becoming an expert in Machine Learning requires practice and dedication. The more you solve Real-World problems, the more knowledge you gather.
But Learning all the Basics requires 6 months to 1 year.
Yes. But if you are fresher, so you don’t have any experience in Machine Learning. So what you can do is, do some projects in Machine Learning. Projects are mandatory for freshers. Projects show that you have a working knowledge of Machine Learning.
Python is the best choice for Machine Learning. Python is easy to learn. Its syntax is beginner-friendly.
Some most popular and common Machine Learning examples are-
1. Image Recognition.
2. Speech Recognition.
4. Stock Price Prediction.
Though of the Day…
You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.– Richard Branson