Do you want to know What is Machine Learning and wanna Clear your all doubts? If yes, then give your few minutes to this blog to know What is Machine Learning. At the end of this blog, your all doubts will be clear related to Machine Learning. So stay here, and clear your all doubts.
Hello, & Welcome!
In this blog, I am gonna tell you-
- What is Machine Learning?
- Why Machine Learning?
- Application of Machine Learning
Firstly, I would like to start with What is ML?
What is Machine Learning?
As the name gives us a meaning “Machine Learning” which means machines are learning something. In other words, Machine Learning is the process of making machines and computers smarter.
ML is a part of Artificial Intelligence. In Machine Learning, machines learn from instructions, training data, and self experiences. ML improves its accuracy by analyzing certain patterns.
In other words, take an example of a newborn child, who don’t have any knowledge about the world, but as he grows up, he is learning from the instructions given by his parents, his own experiences. He gathered all data and learn from it Similarly, the machine learns.
Some important terms used in ML-
- Training Dataset- This dataset is used to train the machine. It should be well labeled. Training of the model is an important phase in ML.
- Test Dataset- After successful training of the model, the next phase in ML is testing the model. So test dataset is used for testing the performance of the model.
- Overfitting- In simple words, overfitting is when we train our model with lots of data, just like when we overeat then we face some digestive problem…..LOL…right!. the same problem occurs with data when we supply more data for training, it learns from noise.
- Underfitting- It is just the opposite scenario from Overfitting, here in underfitting we don’t have enough data to train our model. Both cases are not good for the ML model.
Why Machine Learning?
As we know, ML is growing very fast and many people are shifting their careers in ML, moreover, Harvard Business review article titled ‘Data Scientist’ the ‘Sexiest Job of the 21st century’.
So, you have a question in your mind Why ML is so popular and in demand.
Therefore, I am gonna tell you why ML is so popular.
As we know that we are living in a data age. The huge amount of data is generated daily. This data is unstructured and of no use, but if we use this data in a proper way, so we can found very interesting facts.
For example, a supermarket has a huge amount of data on a daily basis. This data can help the supermarket manager to increase his sales. By using ML, he can find certain patterns that help them to increase their business.
In addition, there are a huge amount of jobs coming into the ML field due to its emerging scope. Now every business is adopting ML to increase the growth of its company.
Application of ML
ML is used in various fields, but the major application of ML is-
- Spam Filtering- Email clients use ML to detect spam mail and put them into the spam folder.
- Web Search Engine- Don’t you think that web search showed you only that information in which you are interested. It is because of an ML algorithm. It picks the most searched term from your history and shows you the result.
- Virtual Personal Assistants– As you heard Alexa, Siri, and Google, they all are popular Virtual Personal Assistants, which help you to find what are you looking for. They work based on your previous records. You can give them any order and they react accordingly, this is because of ML.
Best ML Books, You Should Read-
If you wanna become a Master in ML, then the best way is to read some books. Here, I will mention some best books on ML, which will give you a new direction to your ML Journey.
If you are a beginner, then you should definitely read these books-
1. Introduction to ML with Python
After reading this book, you will learn how to make an ML model with Python. Buy Introduction to ML with Python.
2. ML For Absolute Beginners: A Plain English Introduction (ML from Scratch)
This is another book especially for beginners. This book contains a step by step guide where you will learn everything. Starting from How to download the dataset to How to build the first ML model.
3. Machine Learning (in Python and R) For Dummies (1st Edition)
I hope, now you have a clear idea about ML, why it is so popular and its applications.
Are you ML Beginner and confused, from where to start ML, then read my BLOG – How do I learn Machine Learning?
If you are looking for ML Algorithms, then read my Blog – Top 5 Machine Learning Algorithm.
Enjoy Machine Learning
All the Best!
Though of the Day…
‘ Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel. ’– Socrates